869/914MHz high speed FM radio transceiver module
The BiM3A radio transceiver module is similar in size and pinout to the BiM2, offering all the advantages of the latter but with reduced power consumption and antenna size. The BiM3A replaces the obsolete BiM3.
The BiM3A suited to battery-powered portable and handheld equipment requiring a high degree of miniaturisation.
Two frequency variants are available as standard to suit applications in Europe or North America.
Product Description (main text body): The BiM3A is a half duplex radio transceiver module for use in bidirectional data transfer applications at ranges up to 200 metres. Two frequency variants are available for licence-exempt operation in either the European 868-870MHz or North American 902-928MHz bands. Internal voltage regulation is incorporated allowing operation from DC supplies of 2.7V to 6V.
The small footprint of 33 x 23mm and low profile of 5mm facilitate convenient integration onto a motherboard. The raw data rate capability of 64kbps supports high data throughput in ‘streaming’ applications, or alternatively allows efficient airtime utilisation in multi-node scanning networks.
- CE certified by independent Notified Body
- EU version to harmonised standards EN 300 220 and EN 301 489
- North American version to FCC Part 15.249 and RSS-210
- Usable range up to 200 metres external, 50 metres in building
- Data rates up to 64kbps
- Crystal controlled PLL FM circuitry for both Tx and Rx
- SAW front end filter and full screening
- Low profile with small footprint
- Low power requirements: 2.7V - 6V @ typically 8mA Tx, 11mA Rx
- PDAs, organisers and laptops
- Handheld terminals
- EPOS equipment, barcode scanners, belt clip printers
- Data loggers
- Audience response systems
- In-building environmental monitoring and control
- Security and fire alarms
- Restaurant ordering systems
- Vehicle data up/download